Friday, October 12, 2007

Day Two...


Well...there were definitely fewer people in the house tonight, but they enjoyed it all the same. I actually enjoyed it too, because I was able to connect one on one with every single person in the house throughout the course of the night. This show has such a personal narrative of a man telling you the audience his deepest darkest hopes and confidences, that it feels fantastic to be able to look everyone in the eye and be bold honest and naked. (Emotionally, that is). ;)
As it figures in the scale of my luck, I am fighting off a cold. But you know what? It's really fine. It's not that grim, it's just kind of an annoyance. I'm not letting it hold me back, and am loading my body with more vitamins and minerals than you can imagine. I'm going to feel tons better by tomorrow. At least I am telling myself that. With colds, positive thinking is half the battle.
Other than that, I am anxious to get back to the theatre tomorrow. I am always excited to get there and do this show. I have so much fun doing this show, that I am always looking forward to getting there. That's awesome, and very rare.
Oh, PS...watching a documentary on Jonathan Larson tonight, I discovered that Jonathan had the same agent that my partner, Matt Conner does...Bill Craver. Small world, huh?
Talk to you all tomorrow.
Peace and love,
SGS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SGS - I was one of the "few" who caught tonight's show and it a truly brillant performance - I have wanted to see a production of TTB for a long time and what luck that I got to experience a great evening at MetroStage. Cold? We don't need no stinking cold. You and your fellow actors were amazing - voices in harmony many in the DC should be so lucky to see in a performance - Get thee to Alexandria! Get thee some press reviews - this is a show not to be missed! The band seals the deal and MetroStage seems just the right fit for this show. Flowers to the cast and a six pack of diet coke to you! Thank you again!

STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

Wow...thanks, RLS!
Yeah, the cold is almost gone already today. I feel like I caught it early before it could bloom. I feel so much better today!
Thanks for the kind words!