Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Hump Day Check In...


I finished the front yard of my Halloween decorations this week. I opted for the spider webs underlined with orange lights, and inhabited by a rather large spider that I don't think that you would find in most patio gardens, thank goodness.
My front yard pales in comparison to another front yard down the street a little ways. I heave sighs of envy whenever I drive by it.
What else is going on?
I haven't discussed this on the blog at all, but my little Buddha had a health scare this past week. He grew a rather large tumor on his forehead practically overnight. I took him to the vet, and we got tests done and tons of medication for him to be put on. The good news is that the tumor has shrunk in one week's time, which is a very positive sign that it is not serious or harmful, but merely a Histoma. He has been drugged up on steroids, antihistamines, and anti-biotics. I am calling him Budy Garland lately, as he has been exuding a very Garland-esque quality as he groggily saunters about the living room.
He is doing fine, and keep him in your thoughts and prayers. We have a return vet visit on Halloween, so let's all hope for a treat, rather than a trick.



It has been nice to have my little sis, Eleasha Gamble back in town, now at Arena Stage performing in The Women of Brewster Place. Let's all send her good wishes and vibes for this, her opening week at her first show at Arena Stage! Brake stuff, girl!


I am STILL recovering from my stupid cold that is really just a mild cough at this point. It still is taxing my vocal chords, though. It is just a pain in the ass, really. I have spent about 98% of the day not talking and drinking hot tea and such to heal myself up for the start of 6 more shows, starting tomorrow.

So I also have all day to rest and gear up for tomorrow night's performance, thank the lord. I'm sure I will be fine. I am much better than I was on Sunday night. So if you have not seen tick,tick...BOOM! yet, please come out and see us this weekend! I will chat more tomorrow afternoon!
Goodnight and Sweet Dreams,
SGS

No comments: