Monday, April 24, 2006

SICK...update.


*sigh* this will be an interesting day. I have a LITTLE bit more of a voice than yesterday, but not really a whole lot. In all honesty, I don't see how this is going to happen, but I will give it my best try. I will just have to go all Rex Harrison on this music.
Still didn't sleep through the night...kept waking up drenched with sweat. Changed pj's 3 times last night. Yet no fever...
I sure made poor Matt miserable with all my bellyaching during the night. If I couldn't sleep, I guess I made sure he couldn't either.
He did make me laugh very hard in the middle of the night when he pulled Buddha up in a cradle hold and said, "Come on, Boo- everybody's sick! Can't you at least let out a stinker or something? Why don't you throw up?"
I laughed till it hurt. Which didn't take long.
I am just praying that adrenaline kicks in or something and I am able to sing this stuff...well...at least my solos, you know? I am doubled on the tenor part everywhere but during solo work. Sometimes I am tripled, so they do have the coverage. We shall see.
Cross your fingers...
Luv,
SGS

3 comments:

rabbit1970 said...

Are you feeling any better today? How did the reading go? I was invited to the Paula Vogel reading at Arena, so I wasn't able to make it. Get some rest, buddy.

XO-
R.

Anonymous said...

You clearly have the ability to suck it up when you need to do so. You looked a bit tired--but then I had been reading about your illness before the reading. You were excellent as Jefferson when trying to write the Declaration of Independence. In the larger group sings, I couldn't really hear you but the overall effect was good. Now. Get well. You have only one week until rehearsals start again! Thank goodness.

STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

Raff, I actually do feel alot better...my voice will bounce back by next week. Just need some rest.

Julianna, Thanks so much, and why you didn't hear me on the group stuff is because for the most part, I wasn't singing! I had no more voice to use!
Glad it seemed to come off well.
See you next week!