Sunday, August 28, 2005

My Favorite Bad Movies: Orgy of the Dead



Another stinkerfest.

"A writer and his girlfriend become prisoners of creatures of the night who force them to watch striptease dances in an old graveyard."

I have always been an Ed Wood junkie. Since the first time I saw "Plan 9 from Outer Space" on TV one lazy Saturday afternoon, when I was 8.

I stumbled upon this while reading an article on the infamous auteur.

Orgy of the Dead is relentless. Relentless boobies. A parade of tits. And I love it.

It's flimsy plot is an excuse for topless dance sequences that are horrendous. It looks as if the choreographer, whom no doubt was paid in drugs, gave each girl 5 "dance moves" , a G-string, and a joint. They all dance around, somewhat vacant...(dreaming of their first feature film). The music, however, in no way matches what they are dancing to.

If you watch this over and over, you will fall in love with...

The Gold Girl..."MORE GOLD!"

The Kitty-Cat...."A pussycat was meant to be whipped.."

and my personal favorite, The Bride...known to many in my circle as the "One-Titty Shake girl".

The casts of: One Red Flower, The Highest Yellow, and Pacific Overtures have had viewings of these films on my behest...During One Red Flower, we were absolutely OBSESSED with it. We would run to the green room during dinner breaks. We sang the tacky music in the dressing rooms ...we mocked the awful dancing in the green room...(Flo got pretty darn good at that, as I recall). :)

One of the taglines for this film was..."Are You Heterosexual?" I'm surely not, but I'm still obsessed with this piece of trash. I own it on VHS, DVD, and I own the soundtrack. (Yes, believe it or not, there is a Soundtrack!) (Thanks, Jess Speaker).

Put this film on and watch these poor souls try to pull off this ridiculous script. Look deep into the "One Titty Shake" girl's eyes...(wherever they are focused on) ...In this monotony is genius. What an amazing stink-bomb this is! And you don't even have to like titties to enjoy it!

No comments: