Monday, August 22, 2005

Vincent Van Gogh and The Wicked Witch of the West team up!


...well...not exactly, but that's how I chose to see it. Of course, I see what I wanna see...which brings me to my point... but before I get to my point...Isn't that picture adorable? That's Marc Kudisch and my puggy-wug, Buddha at a party at our house last winter...I digress...

If you are in the NYC area this fall, definitely check out "See What I Wanna See" at the Public Theatre. Written by Michael John LaChiusa (The Wild Party, The Highest Yellow), See What I Wanna See is based on three short stories by Ryunosuke Akutagawa (translated by Takashi Kojima): "In the Grove," "The Dragon" and "Kesa and Morito" from the book "Rashomon and Other Stories."
Audra McDonald appeared in the premiere of the show (which had a different title) in 2004 at the Williamstown Theatre Festival.

In See What I Wanna See, several people describe the circumstances surrounding a murder, with each version differing from the others...
The sweetest man alive, Marc Kudisch will star alongside Idina Menzel, Mary Testa, and others.
I had the wonderful opportunity to work with Michael John and Marc last fall in The Highest Yellow at Signature Theatre, and I haven't stopped touching myself since.
Check full schedule and details for See What I Wanna See at...
www.publictheater.org

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Again, my point is proven, you name dropping beeyotch.

Love you!

STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

LALALALA..I Can't hear you, Flo Lacey just called and is singing "Ribbons Down My Back" into my ear...
LOL