Saturday, August 20, 2005

Reefer Madness to Evil Dead the musical...



Anyone seen Reefer Madness the musical on Showtime? ANYONE? I swear, I've campaigned this musical around town to 27 some odd people by now. No one seems to have caught it when it was on Showtime. I just want to advise you, if you get On Demand for Showtime, or have anyway of seeing it, please do. It is unreal.
The music is amazing and hysterical...not just funny, but actually catchy and well written music. (A thing that is SO important in the rash of spoof musicals that we have seen lately-I mean..couldn't The Producers at least have some good music in it?)
I DARE a theatre company in DC to do this show...it will be the hit (pardon my pun) of the season. But alas...I doubt anyone will...let us pray that a good theatre gets ahold of it, not some ridiculous "Renegade" theatre-like troupe. This really needs to be done, and soon. The DVD comes out in November...watch you Netflix cues...
Which also ...somewhat, brings me back to my point. Where is the company in town to take over where Cherry Red left off? Where is the Theatre to do gems like Reefer Madness...or even Evil Dead-The Musical..(an obscure, but WONDERFUL Canadian gem). My good buddy Stephen Bienskie is playing Buffalo Bill in Silence-The Musical at the NYC Fringe as we speak...yet another hysterical spoofical that should see the light of day in our neighborhood.
DC theatre has a stuffy reputation. We desperately need the Cherry Red's of the world to lighten us up, and shake us to our core. Will anyone step up to the plate and take on a new and exciting show like these? Please? You can do Oliver next year...I promise...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We actors don't get a lot of TV Commercials Voice Over till we get "really" famous - but we live and breathe our TV Commercials Voice Over regardless. TV Commercials Voice Over
Isobella
http://www.isobella-lawrence.com