Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Beach Trip, Part Five..Equestrian Events...


On Thursday night, I was talking with Equss, one of my best friends in the world, on the phone from the balcony of the Safari Motel.
He was having a hard time with a relationship that had come to an end. He needed some healing time, I felt. He had Saturday and Sunday off...I invited him to come up for the weekend...he laughed for a second, then considered ..and said..OK!
He met up with us Saturday afternoon, and chugged a few beers to catch up with me in the hotel room. (yes, we are still stuck in college...we went to college together).
We joined the others on the beach, and partook in the waves and sun in unison.




The best part of his companionship on the tail end of the trip was that he would go with me on random late night food (pizza) treks, including a search that spanned about 8 blocks looking for cigarettes...to no avail.










He also went with me to walk the dog whenever I took him after he arrived....where I took this now classic picture on a hung over morning.
He left feeling recharged by the sea and sun, as we all did. I was happy to share this trip with such a good friend, and among so many other good friends.



No comments: