Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Beach Trip, Part Six..."Beaches" Homage


Eleasha spotted a photo booth on the boardwalk on Friday night, and couldn't resist. She shouted for me and Matty to come and take a picture with her...Matty was entranced with 2 guys playing "Dance-Dance-Revolution"...(one who looked young from the back, but when he turned around looked like Dorian Gray's portrait in the latter stages), so she literally pulled me into the booth, as the picture was about to shoot...as it did...the first picture captures the dazed confusion of why she was pulling me in so quickly...I then turned to her before the next one was shot and said...this is just like "Beaches"...we laughed and joked that for the third, we would have to do the "crazy" picture...I was taken back by her attempts at "crazy", which you see in picture 3...then, everyone always does the "serious" picture.








Later that evening, we passed the booth again, and this time pulled Matty in with us.
Notice that our attempt at "serious" looks a little manic. A few more cocktails were imbibed from photo booth shoot one to photo booth shoot two.
I still will treasure these pictures, as they represent the spontaneous and combustible fun that we had on the trip. It started quickly, and in an instant, four flashes later (read: days), it was done as soon as it started.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Love these pictures! They will always remind me how much fun we had. I love you both so..

Anonymous said...

GET A LIFE

Donna Migliaccio said...

Anonymous is a jealous prick.

I like Strip 1, pix 2 and 4.

STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

Eleasha...thanks, baby.
Love you too...

Anonymous...I have more of a life than someone like you who wastes the time of theirs to go on a blog and tell someone else that they have none.

Donna...I like those too!

STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

Debi, I know, she was on it!