Friday, August 18, 2006

S-s-s-s-s-nakes on a Plane


I saw Snakes on a Plane tonight in Kingstowne with Filmdom, (Ryan), who will no doubt have a review up tomorrow.
Wow.
Classic.
Every cliche that you could imagine in this movie is enacted. To hysterical effect. Yet the film still makes you jump.
It reminds me of 70's exploitation films, but a tad more polished. Sort of reminiscent of Cabin Fever.
I have never been part of a more vocal or participatory audience...for example, at one point, a passenger says..."Great...dogs, babies, what else is on this plane?.." and some kid in the audience yelled, "SNAKES!", and everyone applauded and cheered.
As did they on the first appearance of Samuel L. Jackson. As did they on the first appearance of the snakes. As did they on every cliche line..."You're not going to believe this, but...there are snakes on the plane!", audience erupts in applause.
I had such a great time, and as we left the theatre, I said to Ryan..."It was perfect."
It really is one of my favorite films that I have seen in awhile...go and see this film this weekend...as long as you go expecting nothing more than snakes on a plane, you will not be disappointed.
Stay for the credits to see this fantastic music video for the theme song, "Snakes on a Plane (Bring it)", by Cobra Starship. Note the girl singer, who is just a little too overly enthusiastic in a campy way.
Fabulous.
Watch and enjoy.
Luv,
SGS

1 comment:

Ryan Dean said...

Stephen, thanks for experiencing Snakes with me. And you are correct, my review is now posted.
And we said a lot of the same things.
Filmdom