Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Beach Trip, Part Four...Eleasha's Ordeal


On Saturday night, Eleasha suddenly noticed that she was missing her cell phone.
We looked high and low, and in every possible place that it could be...but to no avail.
I shrugged this off at first, thinking that she would just have another expense and get another phone. I know that this is not always an easy ordeal, but one that I have been through twice this year.
I found out that there were videos and messages on her phone from and of her mother, who passed away this past Christmas Eve. This phone had within it the only tangible gateway to her mother that she still possessed.
We all went on a mad search after we knew this.
We looked high and low, but found nothing. We retired to the fourth floor balcony, and as she gazed over the sea, I saw tears come down her face. My heart was broken.
I cannot even think what hers felt like.
Here is a picture of her being diva (with Priscilla on the left and Danny on the right), earlier in the day, before this even happened.












I offered to go downstairs and get her a glass of white wine. She said yes, and I went down to floor one, room 104 to get it.
I went back up, and watched her cry into her white wine as she watched the beach combing machines go over the spot we were lounging on the beach...Matty and Eleasha had searched this area twice, but to no avail.
We all went downstairs to the room, because we were planning on going to the Boardwalk...she wasn't really feeling up to it, so I wanted to put some music on to cheer her up, and to get Danny going, and hopefully take her mind off of her loss.
The CD player was behind the dog tent, so I moved it forward, and she spotted the phone under our bed as soon as the kennel was moved...
"THAT'S IT!!!", she screamed, as we pulled it out and she jumped for joy.
It truly made the vacation to go through these awful emotions and then come through them with triumph.
She then said, "Alright, I'm ready to go out, who's coming?".
We were back in business. That was our best and worst night on the beach...

1 comment:

STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

I love Massage Parlors too!