Thursday, September 29, 2005

Anticip......pation

Photography by R. Scott Thompson...My yard, last year.
So, unless you have not read my earlier posts, you know by now that I am obsessed with Halloween...
Well, the current townhouse that I dwell in doesn't have much storage, so for the past 2 years, I've had to haul my 2 giant tubs of horror decor back to PA, to store with my parents... Well, Saturday I am going to meet my parents in Winchester and do the trade off...I am giddy.
It's like getting a whole 2 trunks full of old friends back... These creatures, corpses, and beasties are almost all hand made, and I made all of them with the help of dear friends. Each one of them is special to me for a different reason, and represents a different chapter in my life.
Saturday begins a month full of evenings dedicated to ghoulish creativity.
How glorious is it to have a month where it is ok to create nightmarish creatures out of whatever you have laying around your house and make your house and yard look like a scene from Night of the living Dead? Well, maybe you don't care about all that, but it is heaven on earth to me. Pumpkin carving get togethers, Ghost tours, evenings spent hanging wraith-like creatures from trees...ahh...and that first chill in the air...tonight the air is chilly for the first time...

1 comment:

STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

Sure! When is it?