Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Wednesday, in re-cap


So, here we sit for an evening at home. Watched the re-cap of LOST (since I missed it last season), then the season premiere, then the premiere of INVASION. Wow...I had a good time. Good shows, and I have truly missed out on LOST. Right up my alley.
Had a meeting about my cabaret with Eleasha Gamble on Monday night...productive. We have a set song list, but are still looking for a few more. Tickets are selling out quite fast, from what I hear from my box office angel there, so now is the time to put in orders, peeps! I cannot tell you what is IN the show...I can tell you some of the songs that were cut, though...."Tony's got Hot Nuts", "Get Here", "How Lucky Can You Get?", "Somewhere Over the Rainbow", "Lovesick Blues", "You are the Sunshine of My Life", "I'm Blue(the Gong-gong song)", "Potatoes in the Paddy Wagon", "Old Friend"...to name a few.
Some of you might say..."What was wrong with those songs?" Not a damn thing. We just found better ones. We are eliminating songs ala a "reality show". We have elimination rounds, and if we are doubtful about a sing, we give it a "P" with a circle around it...this stands for "Paula". Meaning...we both like the song and are passing it on to the next round, but it's future is doubtful.
What else?
Rita is churning in the Gulf. I, once again, am transfixed, being a Meteorology buff.
Work with Happy Hounds has been tough lately. I have been walking my ass off, literally.
So...blog news...Lucky Spinster and I have been cross pollinating each other, so tune in to her blog as well as mine to catch our collaborative dirt....I told you I was mentioned on DC Blogs...scroll down and check me out...
Coming soon...still more installments of On The Heels Of...featuring Amy MacWilliams, Eleasha Gamble, and Erin Driscoll...(ladies of Urinetown)...then I will start a new series focusing on men.
Stay tuned in, folks...this baby's just learning how to walk. Thanks and love to all who visit daily...this site is growing every day, and I am pleased that the response has been so fantastic! One of my dear friends, Sean Maclaughlin is coming in to town to visit me, and arriving tomorrow, and he will be one of my male interviewees, so, stay tuned for all the shite that went down as he was here to visit before he starts rehearsals for the new Andrew Lloyd Webber musical, The Woman In White, on Monday. This is his "last fling" before he buckles down into rehearsal mode, so I'm sure he, Matty, and myself will have a fun and eventful weekend, as I watch "Rita" coverage. Stay tuned!

No comments: