Wednesday, September 07, 2005

My Favorite Bad Movies: Frogs

Today the pond! Tomorrow the world!

Ray Milland plays an aging, grumpy, physically disabled millionaire who invites his family to his island estate for his birthday celebration. Sam Elliot plays a free-lance photographer who is doing a pollution layout for an ecology magazine. Jason Crokett (Milland) hates nature, poisoning anything that crawls on his property. On the night of his birthday the frogs and other members of nature begin to pay Milland back.

OK...I Watch this film every 4th of July. It is part of my Birthday celebration week. I first saw this stinker when I was probably 12, on TBS (the gateway to bad films for many), and have been hooked since.
Great stars...well..good stars fill the cast of this epic...including Ray Milland, Sam Elliot, Joan Van Ark...ok...I'm on thin ice with that one, but still,...
The death scenes in this flick are so laughable, they are worth every cent. Joan Van Ark's in particular...chasing butterflies deeper and deeper into the forrest, as snakes, spiders, leeches, alligators lie in wait...
This movie should be called "When Good Actors Choose Bad Material"..or.."When Good Actors Need a Paycheck"...
And there are frogs everywhere...what is funny is...
Spiders bite...snakes bite...alligators bite and eat...what do the fu*kin frogs do?
Watch Ray Milland's inevitable death scene...death by frogs...how did they kill him? So dumb. I love it.
I usually have this film on repeat in the DVD during 4th of July week..(4th of July is Ray Milland's character's birthday in the film, thus the reason all of the family is there to celebrate)..
And I cannot watch it outside of that week. Usually. Unless I get a hankering.
One of the many "Nature Gone Wrong" flicks that I have become obsessed with...more to follow.
This film is a summer tradition for me, and the perfect ending book mark to the glorious summer that has past...
I usually post a bad or funny line with these "My Favorite" entries...but they are ALL so bad that I couldn't chose just one...Please check this flick out...I can't be the only one to appreciate it's awful fun...could I?

2 comments:

STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

Lucky Spinster...I read your account of the "Frog Invasion"...poetry to my ears. You said all of the things which I could not eloquate. Sam in that movie...meow. yummy stuff...all of the 70's hot ass fashion show going on up in this little eco-Tennesee weird-land is hot as fuck. If you ever want to have a girl/gay boy date to watch this flick, please contact me! Shirlington gets boring...
:)

STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

PS...I am knew to the blog worl, and the SECOND I figure out how to link things, your hotness will be right up tippity-top. I am slowly teaching myself the ropes.
luv u mucho.
red