Sunday, March 26, 2006

Dan Cooney Cabaret


I went to Dan's cabaret tonight, and I am so happy I did so.
I spent the afternoon with Uncle Fred, and in weekend fashion, ended up having a few cocktails in the afternoon. By 5:30, I was pondering my desire to go and support. I am glad I switched to water and stuck to my guns.
Dan was joined by a witty pianist, and a song and guitar man, both names escape me, since there was no program.
They were both brilliant, and Dan sang gorgeously, of course.
Some highlights of his song selections include "Proud Lady", "If I Didn't Believe in You", and a gorgeous rendition of "Bring Him Home" on guitar.
His counterpart, whose name I believe was Michael something, sang amazing renditions of "MoonDance" by Van Morrison, and "Stay" by Paul Anka.
They sang a sublime rendition of "If I Fell in Love With You" by the Beatles, too.
Dan was kind enough to acknowledge Amy McWilliams, Steve McWilliams, and Matt Conner being in the house. Very kind.
Hearing that this was the last cabaret in the garage was met with a "BOO" by the audience...shouldn't there be one last hurrah? We shall see...
If not, this was a good way to go out. An excellent set by these 3 gentlemen, 2 of which their names escape me. I wish there were programs...
A great show that I hope you took my advice and saw.
Sweet Dreams...
Luv, SGS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Or what we like to call Michael "HEARTBEAT". It was great seeing you and Mattie this past weekend.

Anonymous said...

oh no-- i was waiting for his show to be rescheduled and I missed it!
I'm glad it went well. Dan and I met many years ago-- I think it was 93. He's come so far. Thanks for your writings. :)