Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Tennis, anyone?


So you would think that walking about 17 dogs from the hours of 9AM to about 5PM would be enough body punishment for the likes of a lazy sloth like me, right?
I would say yes, usually.
But for some reason, probably the weather plus a phone call to my beloved straight husband and roommate, Ryan, I decided that Tennis would be played today.
I called the hubby.
Check, he's in.
Called Uncle Fred.
Check, he's all about it.(He being an avid Tennis fan/player).
Ok...racing to make sure I don't dilly-dally along with the rest of the days work...
Check.
I arrive at the house at 4:55PM. *sigh*
Fred is there, and he and Ryan are chatting. Boo has already taken residency on Fred's lap. I make apologies that I have to change into my tennis gear. (My "Tennis Skirt, complete with Tennis Visor and attached pony tail extension", as Fred says.)
(See photo above)
No...Shorts, tee, and windbreaker, to be exact.
I shovel down a PBJ, since I hadn't eaten anything but power bars and jerky all day, and the hubster comes in the door, fresh from a trip to the music store, for a capo for his guitar. (He is avidly attacking the song "Unworthy of your Love" from Assassins in preparation for his new role, John Hinckley).
I wolf down the sammich, and the hubster changes.
Ok, we're ready to go.
I put the pug on the leash, (we have to take the Boo-Boo...he's the Wimbledon ball boy, rushing to catch a a ball that has hit the net), and we go.
Boo loved being at the front of a pack of four men. He was the Alpha. I think I was more the Omega.
We get to the courts, and Buddha takes the court over. Unfortunately.
He pees on the net and poops on the line marking "Out of Bounds".
We first separate, me playing Fred on one court, Matt playing Ryan on the other.
This lasts for awhile, as the pug chases balls on both sides of the court. (Takes after his parents).
Then we combine for a game of doubles. Me and Matty VS. Fred and Ryan.
OK, they won.
Matty and I had a great time, laughing at our lack of Tennis knowledge. I even played Tennis in High School, and can barely remember all of the rules. (Being on the team was an excuse to stay out of my home for a couple more hours).
We played for about an hour and 40 minutes.
Boo checked out and laid down on the court at about one hour and 20.
He currently is on his home base, the couch, wondering why the humans were smacking around yellow chew objects.
And sleeping.
I should be doing the same, but strangely, I'm not tired. Energy breeds energy, I guess.
I had a fun night of my Wednesday night TV viewing...(The best night of TV)...From "Deal or No Deal", to "Lost" to "Black. White."
I have another long day tomorrow, but I am planning on getting up much earlier to face it, and start it a little bit earlier. Earlier to work, earlier to play.
Maybe another Tennis game will be in store for me and the hubby tomorrow.
I feel the need to do outdoor things of late.
I guess, like the rest of the world, I have Spring fever.
LOVE-40,
SGS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish yinz could have seen the boys on the court! Poetry in motion and nothing less! Backhands, Forehands, No Hands,...
Uncle Freddy

STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

More like no skills...but thanks...
At least I looked good in my tennis gahn.
(*gown* for those who don't speak Pittsburgheese)