Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Jarhead


Matt, J. Fred Schiffman, and I watched Jarhead tonight at my house. First we had dinner: Lemon-Pepper Chicken stuffed with Turkey-Bacon, Vegetables(which I did not eat, and wild rice) It was amazing.
Then cocktails and Jake G.
I have one question...why was this movie nominated for nothing?
Many said that it wasn't about anything.
Having a cousin who served in Desert Storm...and yes, I have heard his stories...
It wasn't about anything.

As he had told me...the book(before the movie was made) captured the whole experience perfectly.
Nothing.
Welcome to the Suck.
This is a perfect thesis statement for that war, and the one that followed.
Can no one see that?
See this film. I am reading the book now.
The film is representative of the war experience as it was...
and Jake is naked. Come on.
Rent it.
Luv,
SGS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you both so much for a really fun evening! And tell the canine he's my sweet Buddah-Licious!

STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

He misses your luvins and tuvvins already!
:)
When's the next movie night?
:)
SGS