Friday, March 03, 2006

Stephen and Matty's Shitty Day...

I wake up at 7AM, and saunter to the bathroom. I come back, and as I pass by the laundry room, I feel wet carpet...
I flip on the light...water is seeping up from the drain in the floor.
Great. I throw towels down...Matt is leaving to teach at a school. He gets up to shower...he opens the shower stall door to see this...

Ok...the basement shower is out...he showers upstairs, where there is no fecal leakage. I am left in charge of the crisis...wrong choice. I am NOT the one to handle this...trust me folks...we did have a fire...I am NOT the level headed guy to talk to these so and so's...
But I do.
I get the run around from Long and Foster all morning. Shit water is rising...
Here it is in our laundry room...before it got worse than that...

I started calling people to fix the issue at 7AM...it took until 3:30PM for a cleaning crew to arrive...and only after I got all Irish on their asses and yelled.
You don't get anything in this life if you don't bitch about it...as my mom said, "the squeaky wheel gets the oil"...
Well...they came in and cleaned the shit out...we are currently prepping to sleep on the couches upstairs, since the carpet in our bedroom was peeled back, and fans are "drying" the carpet for 48 hours until they can determine if the carpet was "contaminated"...I am SO not sleeping down there.
Closing weekend of Nevermore..we are sleeping on the couch.
On the upside, we went out with Karma Camp tonight. Nice to talk with her about Assassins, and future projects...I adore her. She saw Nevermore tonight and loved it.
Here's to prepping for a crazy weekend...
PS...Most of Keegan's Sunday is sold out (Death of a Salesman)...Saturday is still open...book now, before it sells out...
More tomorrow from the shit house...
Love,
SGS

6 comments:

Donna Migliaccio said...

Been there, a couple of years ago. In our case, it was the sewer main (and since we're homeowners, we got to foot the bill for that - delightful). But we had the same symptoms - shitty water backing up through the downstairs shower drain. Not nice, and you have my deepest sympathies.

Anonymous said...

I've been down that path too, in my old basement apartment on the Hill. The layout of the pipes was too shallow, so there were problems with back up (especially with bad rainstorms). Nasty nasty nasty - so sorry y'all had to go through that. But maybe you'll get new carpeting as a result! There's always an upside to everything.

STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

Donna...as Lauren Williams would say..."Poop Water!!"

Debi...Always nice to hear from you...yeah, I hate people who don't pick up after their dogs too...Hope all is well with you.

Anthony...the upside was some pretty hilarious jokes about it by Karma Camp at "The Office" last night! That woman is too funny!

SGS

Donna Migliaccio said...

"..as Lauren Williams would say..."Poop Water!!""

I about fell out of my chair laughing about that. Remember how it happened again during "The Highest Yellow" and I had to move to the upstairs dressing room? Thank God Signature is moving to a new building - with new plumbing!

STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

Donna...yeah...I saw Lauren Williams last night, and I made her say it for me.
I thought that it was appropriate that the plumbing debacle at Signature happened during "The Highest Yellow". Very appropriate title, considering the plumbing issues...
Flush and Run!
Too bad it didn't happen during Urinetown!
;)
SGS

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I was out of the loop. Matt told me the toilet was acting up I didn't know you had "Poop Water!!" That's just SHITtY!!!
MISS YOU ANS YOUR SHIT...