Friday, March 03, 2006

The Week in Review...

Hmmm...Well...life post-Yankees has been pretty low key. I have been taking on more dog clients...(strange way to phrase that...), and basically just working. I have stopped down at the Signature almost every night this week, as Nevermore will be closing this weekend..
So, lots of dogs. Lots of dog walking. As it happens, I usually do office work for the company, but we have had a rash of new clients, and 2 employees left, so I am trying to pull the weight of this.

I usually get the dogs that are REALLY strong, or REALLY aggressive.
Hence my story earlier in the week about occupational pet peeves. Please folks...don't bring "Lil' Fluffy" over to meet "Killer". I don't want to have to deal with the clean up involved.
There was the big 7 year Anniversary on this Tuesday past...thank you all for your kind comments. I know that many read this site daily, as I have a site-meter that keeps track of that, but it is always nice when you speak up and say howdy.
This past week was also my niece, Tessa's 1st birthday! I sent her a raincoat and outfit that matched it. Just in time for a rainy Spring in Pittsburgh.
Here she is, the cute lil' thing...

I got a new pair of glasses, thank goodness. Although, at times I wonder if I prefer to view most of this world just slightly blurred...hmmm.
Got to hang out and catch up with J. Fred Schiffman the other night, and Karma Camp last night...who made countless funny references to this week's mild catastrophe.
More on that later.
This weekend will be very emotional for us both, as the show comes to a close. Starting, actually, with tonight's performance, which will be Jaqui Piro's last.

She will not be in the weekend shows, but will be replaced by Jennifer Lori Soto, who actually was one of the "B" cast of Nevermore along with Kurt Boehm, Eleasha Gamble, and I. She is an outstanding performer, and know that she will blow the roof off the theatre for the final 3 performances, just like Jaqui did. I will hopefully get some pictures tonight of Jaqui's farewell. Again...more on that later.
So stay tuned this weekend for a Nevermore retrospective, Closing night photos, and much more.
TGIF, folks.
Love,
SGS

No comments: