Saturday, March 25, 2006

Steve McWilliams and Friends at Extra Virgin


What a fun night it was!
Extra Virgin has a so-so menu, but a good wine selection. I had a good time drinking there...better than when I have eaten there. I had a lovely Napa Valley Chardonnay.

I have never seen the place booming before tonight.
Steve was fantastic, as was Mike Kozemchak. Mike provided great musical support. They are both pretty easy on the eyes, too. ;)

Speaking of easy on the eyes, Amy sang a bunch of songs that sounded great, but I didn't know them. Steve sang "Folsom Prison Blues" by Johnny Cash...it was rockin'! I sang "Landslide" with Steve.


Many friends turned out to support the duo, including Mrs. Mig, Uncle Fred, Mark and Susan Rhea, Kevin Adams, David Jourdan, Wendy Rahm, Don and Julianna Mahley, Jay Schulman, and even Dan Cooney after his cabaret was over. And, of course, me and Matty.
Steve and Mike were very engaging, and made many funny quips during the course of their sets. Steve once remarked how all of his friends were aging beautifully. Donna nudged me and said it didn't apply to a young thing like me. ;)
I took many photos last night, and most of them were done without a flash, so as not to break the concentration of Steve and Mike...not that they cared. I thought that the photos would turn out smoky and cool. They kind of did...but also blurry.
Can I also say that the drunks at a wine bar are different than the drunks at a brewery. Winos seem much more self-righteous and arrogant. We giggled watching a man put on and take off his overcoat about 100 times.
Speaking of giggling, Donna and I had one of our laughing fits again.


We were trying to take a picture of the two of us that didn't make us look like something out of The Twilight Zone, and each photo we took looked more and more dire. With each one, we laughed harder. We ended up with this...which is only mildly disturbing. ;) By the way, I stole 2 of Donna's photos from her blog, because she obviously is a better photographer than I!

I do hope that Extra Virgin asks Steve and Mike back. Due to the amount of turn out that they experienced, it is a no-brainer. Well done, guys.
For a more literate and sober account of the very same evening, check out Donna's Blog.




Luv,SGS

2 comments:

Donna Migliaccio said...

The blurrier photos of me are, the better I like them.

STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

HAH! My new stage moniker! Jay, thanks so much, and it was my pleasure to let everyone know about it. I will pass on any and all events like this, so that we all have the option, as a community of friends, to go out and support each other. That is what the theatre scene doesn't have enough of....support. It is a pleasure to try to spread that. I'm glad you had a good time, and it was great to see you.
Donna...whatever, you looked great Miss Thing.
Luv,
SGS