Saturday, March 11, 2006

Lazy Days...


I took my underprivileged pooch to the dog park today...He was dying to get out and enjoy the sunshine. He had such a great time, and capped it all off with a romp in the creek that runs through the park.
He is so out of shape from his winter hibernation period...(like his Daddy)(Me)..it was so funny, because he really lost his steam pretty fast. Then He and I walked over to Shirlington to say hellos to the other Daddy. (Who greeted him with paper towels to dry him, and a makeshift water dish full of H2o( a take-out container). We also ran into our good buddy, J. Fred Schiffman, who was also in Shirleyville workin the hours away. Buddha was SO excited to see the other Daddy, AND his new buddy!
Then Buddha and I walked back to the car and drove to Pro-Feed, the expensive little yuppy-puppy store that we buy his ridiculously expensive "All-Protein/ No-Grain/ Low Carb" food that we have to feed him, because apparently, he is allergic to grain...(Does this sound like anyone I know? Hmmm...). I have never actually taken him into the Pro-Feed, and it was the funniest thing I have seen in quite some time.
He cruised the low racks of toys, checking out every single one of them. I waited to see which one he would pick up and guilt me into buying...well, just like his Daddy, he is more of a window shopper than a buyer, so after a good sniff, he was over the toy department. In truth, he was just plainly exhausted.

I bought him a new bottle of shampoo, since...well...since the other bottle was in the shower when the shit came up from the drains, and, well, we threw it out.
So then I brought him home and gave him a bath...
Oh, the dreaded bath...
After that torture was over, he raged through the house like a maniac, then finally tuckered out on the couch. Thank God.
I am quickly cooking a dish of stuffed shells before Amy McWilliams picks me up and whisks me to Bethesda for the evening.
We are going to see her hubster in Huck Finn's Story at Imagination stage. I'll report more on that later. TTFN.
SGS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I MISS THE BOO!! Give him a kiss and a scratch between the eyes for me.

STEPHEN GREGORY SMITH said...

He can't wait to see you again...much like us.
Girl...we need you to come down to the basement and SANG!
:)
SGS